Purpose : This study was to examine the frequency, distribution and characteristics of researches using biological measurement published from 2000 to 2004 in 10 major nursing journals in Korea.
Design: Literature analysis
Method: Journals including papers using biological measurements, publishing year, research design and outcome variables were analyzed.
1. Researches using biological measurement were 318(13.3%).
2. Researches using biological measurement in the Korean Academy of Nursing were highest(97papers, 17.5%) among the nursing journals. The proportion of papers using biological measurement to total number of papers was the highest in the Journal of Korean Biological Nursing Science as 77.3% (51papers).
3. The 233 papers(73.3%) were experimental researches among 318 papers using biological measurement which showed the highest proportion.
4. Patients were highest subjects of researches using biological measurement(197papers, 61.9%).
5. Blood test was most frequently used as physiological variables from 2001 to 2004.
Conclusion; Researches using biological measurement of 10 Korean Nursing Journals in year 2000-year 2004 were very low. We need more researches using biological measurement to provide more objective evidence for nursing practice.
생물학적 측정,간호학회지,연구 분석,biological monitoring,nursing research,measurement,literature review
Korean Society of Biological Nursing Science (Stay Connected)
Department of Clinical Nursing, University of Ulsan, 88, Olympic-ro 43-gil, Songpa-gu, Seoul, KR 05505, Republic of Korea
Tel : +82-2-3010-5311 (Contact JKBNS Customer care: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright JKBNS. All Rights Reserved. Design by Hakjisa Pub.